Japanese designer Shinji Nukumi was announced as the winner and was awarded €10,000 for his brilliant artwork entitled ‘INFINITI Passion’.
If you are a professional designer, a design enthusiast or student at art school, you need to enter! Participants are asked to design an experience that can be generated through a digital artwork, interior installation piece, or unique performance. These will be displayed in the new showrooms that is opening throughout Europe and during other premium events of the brand.That’s why they are inviting artists to design the ultimate digital experience of what the curve brings to you. This can be in the form of:
1. digital artwork in the form of images and/or videos: you can (and are encouraged) to include the car or elements of the car as part of the artwork
2. physical installation in the form of a sculpture, 3D mapping, or other exciting media works: installation should take up no more space than an Infiniti car - installation must work in ambient light. You can (and are encouraged) to include the car or elements of the car as part of the installation. Any form of installation that requires bespoke build must be provided by the artist.
3. INFINITI experiential cinema: unique curved cinema experience where you can create a 180° or 360° video installation. Sound and interactivity are optional but will enhance the experience
4. Interactive art piecethat works with Microsoft Kinect: this can be a complete work or conceptual prototype and technology available will be Microsoft surface and Kinect sensors.
5. Live performances- including dance, light, interactive music, body art, or another unique experience
Your works will be installed and managed by a third party, and thus should be both easily assembled and cost effective. Projects that are too expensive or difficult to produce will not be realized and thus cannot advance to the second stage of the competition, even if they are originally selected by the jury as winning designs.
· The winning formula must be clearly linked to INFINITI’s DNA and should express the theme of the competition: CURVED VISIONS.
· Conceptually or physically, INFINITI cars should be in some way the heroes of the creation and are encouraged to include the car or elements of the car as part of the artwork
· Of course, the most impactful projects will achieve a mix of innovation and interactivity, generating an emotional response in those who experience the work.
· Projects may take any form, as long as they address in some way the idea of CURVED VISIONS
INFINITI has provided a library of images and videos that participants can use either for inspiration for their project or to include within their entry (see below in ‘For Your Article’)
The winner will receive a prize of €10,000 and, as always, designboom will publish an exhaustive results report.
Registration is now open through 10 July 2012 so please fill out the form. You may submit your design at any time after registering. Team submissions are welcomed, but please register with one name only. When submitting your design, you will have the opportunity to list all team members’ names.
1. Up to 6 files (images and videos) for uploading to designboom
· : image size: 818 pixels wide. To upload your images, please use only .gif or .jpeg files at 72 dpi in RGB color mode, maximum 200 kb each file.
· should include a storyboard, video, or other imagery to express the progression of the live event. The designer is responsible for providing any props, equipment, costumes, or performer(s).
· we accept flv or swf files only. 818 pixels wide. maximum file size 10MB.